Marriage Cerificate Procedures and Information

Items that you will need to complete the application:       

  • The Minister, Spiritual leader, or Justice/Judge that will perform your ceremony must be licensed through the Cherokee Nation
  • You must have photograph identification for both parties at the time that you come in to receive your certificate. (Driver’s license)
  • Also, you must have proof of Cherokee citizenship. (Blue citizenship card)
  • Complete Application for Marriage Certificate.      

Please have all of the items listed at the time that you come to the courthouse to receive your certificate.  For any further information please contact the District Court Clerk at (918) 207-3900.